Beautiful. Sustainable. Secure. If you’ve been weighing up the options
between fencing or walling your garden, why not do both, with
stone fencing from eComposite Products?
What is Gabion fencing?
Gabion fencing is the term given to a form of stone wall fencing which uses wire ‘baskets’ or shells filled with stone to create robust, secure and eco-friendly fence panels.
Gabion stone walls have been part of the UK landscape for years, but over the last decade or so they’ve been rediscovered as a decorative as well as structural feature. They’ve become an architectural favourite for their ability to deliver big, robust, strength, aesthetic appeal, sustainability and budget friendliness in a way that, for example, concrete simply can’t.
Now, eComposite’s Gabion fencing takes the same principles applied in new public and commercial spaces, and scales them down for domestic gardens – so you can bring all the benefits of Gabion stone walls to your home.
Benefits of Gabion fencing
- Security: It’s not just that Gabion stone walls are secure – although an intruder’s chances of, for example, kicking through a stone fencing panel as you might a wood one are slim (to say the least). It’s the fact that Gabion fencing panels looks so imposing, creating an air of security that deters would-be intruders and makes you feel safely cocooned within.
- Style: We take wire mesh, fill it with natural stone and, depending on the style of fencing you choose, interspace stone fencing panels with wood (see our Medieval range). The result is a decorative approach to Gabion stone walls, a wonderfully appealing mix of natural tones and textures, creating an elemental border to the garden within.
To add to the aesthetic appeal, use your garden lighting to maximise the shapes and shadows created on each fence panel’s surface.
- Low maintenance: UK stone fencing panels need no painting and no preserving, and the wire basket is treated to stay rustproof. As the fence’s stones ‘bed in’ and seeds germinate within the fence’s crevices, they can form the basis for a wildflower wall, but if you’d prefer to keep the stones pristine, you’ll just need to give the panel a light and occasional weed and clean.
- Choice: You choose the stones to fill each basket, and there’s an enticing choice: sandstones creates walls of yellow and fiery red. River rock creates backdrops of cool greys and whites. And slates and ore-veined granites give your garden’s backdrop a dramatic, contemporary feel. To really maximise the effect, plant bold, contrasting colours close to the Gabion fence panels.
- Sustainable: They’re eco-friendly in terms of construction and, depending on your preferences, your Gabion stone walls can be the basis for an eco-friendly wildflower garden, or a reserve for bees, butterflies or other garden-friendly visitors.
Fully installed or kit assembly
As Gabion fencing suppliers in the UK we can install your new fence for you, or you can order your Gabion stone walls in kit form to install yourself. Installation is surprisingly easy. Our fence kit has all you need to put the fence framework in place, then you can choose your stone infill, selecting a from a wide range of colours and textures.
To explore more Gabion fencing ideas, for help in putting your plans together or for general help in choosing the right form of fencing for your garden, call us now on 0800 599 9667.